Another option to seniors 55 and older in Good Shepherd’s continuum of care is The Manor, located at 4, 3rd St NW in Mason City. Purchased by Good Shepherd in 1969, the former Hanford Hotel was renovated and converted into ninety-three one and two bedroom apartments that include all utilities overlooking the downtown area. In 2012, the first floor and hallways of The Manor underwent an upscale remodeling that captures and preserves the architectural highlights of the building, including extensive woodwork and ornate plaster ceilings in the grand rooms and lobby.
With senior living in mind, The Manor features a safe and secure building, garage and off street assigned parking, laundry facilities, and an optional daily noon meal. Other amenities include clean, safe laundry areas, on-site beauty, library, billiard and exercise rooms, and walking distance to many downtown locations. As with all Good Shepherd properties, there is always an emergency person on call.
Affordable rents include all utilities except for cable and phone. Apartments are currently available and ready for occupancy. For more information or a tour, please call Good Shepherd at 641-424-1740.
- Open to seniors 55 and older
- Independent living in a safe, secure building
- Laundry facilities on site
- Newly renovated walk-in showers
- On call emergency help 24 hrs. /day
- Close proximity to downtown stores and senior center
- Option for noon meal at the Manor
- Chaplain services
- On-site beauty shop
- On-site library, exercise, billiard/game rooms
- Rooms available for organization events and family gatherings
- Rent includes all utilities
- Rent includes Wi-Fi internet service